Azeroth Alliance Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azeroth Alliance Society

Guild Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very Unfortunate Setback

Go down 
+2
Sphinx
Zvon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maverick

Very Unfortunate Setback Empty
PostSubject: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:21 pm

UC has just experienced a very important setback...he was in the process of plugging in some new hardware to the server to improve the specs and whatever he plugged in completely shorted out the motherboard...im not entirely sure what he is going to do but he said that it wont be fixed any time soon...i'll try to get the ball rolling with getting it fixed but im not sure what i can do
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Guild Master
Zvon

Number of posts : 291
Professions : Axesmith / Miner
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Maverick wrote:
UC has just experienced a very important setback...he was in the process of plugging in some new hardware to the server to improve the specs and whatever he plugged in completely shorted out the motherboard...im not entirely sure what he is going to do but he said that it wont be fixed any time soon...i'll try to get the ball rolling with getting it fixed but im not sure what i can do

that sucks raptor eggs.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=14&name=Motherboard-CPUs
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:52 pm

yeah the only good thing is that we are running a server off of IG's laptop right now just to test things so we dont have to go through the test phase later on...we'll probably just copy the db and everything over from the laptop to the server whenever UC gets it fixed so it'll be up and running immediately upon completion of the repair
Back to top Go down
Sphinx
Officer

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Zvon wrote:
Maverick wrote:

that sucks raptor eggs.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=14&name=Motherboard-CPUs

Sucking raptor eggs wasn't the first thought that came to my mind...

farao
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:11 am

at this point in time i seriously doubt that bloodshed will come back...UC is no longer pursuing repairing his server until at least this coming summer...the small test server that IG has is no longer in use due to the fact that me, another friend of ours, and all of the other testers that we had using that server all have gone back to blizz and are currently raiding kara...i had seriously hoped that we could get this thing rolling but it looks like its just not gonna happen
Back to top Go down
Quintar
Officer
Quintar

Number of posts : 87
Professions : Tribal Leather/Skinning
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:23 pm

so are you on blizz or are you still planning to play on private servers? we're playing pretty regularly on bloodmyst burningwow...i know you had said you made a character there
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:40 am

im back on the blizz servers until my 2 month card runs out at least which will be in march...so until then im on blizz then may come back to the priv server scene
Back to top Go down
bosanac
Initiate
bosanac

Number of posts : 6
Professions : Architect
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 am

You guys should stop promising dates for when the server will be updated. There is always a delay and you guys are just giving old bloodshed players false hope.
Back to top Go down
Quintar
Officer
Quintar

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:57 pm

bosanac wrote:
You guys should stop promising dates for when the server will be updated. There is always a delay and you guys are just giving old bloodshed players false hope.

uh...he said "at this point in time i seriously doubt that bloodshed will come back...UC is no longer pursuing repairing his server until at least this coming summer...the small test server that IG has is no longer in use due to the fact that me, another friend of ours, and all of the other testers that we had using that server all have gone back to blizz and are currently raiding kara...i had seriously hoped that we could get this thing rolling but it looks like its just not gonna happen"

how is that promising dates and giving false hope?
Back to top Go down
Imshiny
Guild Master
Imshiny

Number of posts : 294
Professions : Jewelcrafting/Mining
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:40 pm

That's what I was thinking, but I was just going to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
bosanac
Initiate
bosanac

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:05 am

Quintar wrote:
bosanac wrote:

uh...he said "at this point in time i seriously doubt that bloodshed will come back...UC is no longer pursuing repairing his server until at least this coming summer...the small test server that IG has is no longer in use due to the fact that me, another friend of ours, and all of the other testers that we had using that server all have gone back to blizz and are currently raiding kara...i had seriously hoped that we could get this thing rolling but it looks like its just not gonna happen"

how is that promising dates and giving false hope?

Erm...yes i am quite aware of what he has said. But what i am trying to say is that they keep promising things that have never happened...
-server will update from 1.12.1
-update to TBC
-server will come back online
They say all of these things will happen, but as i have learnt they never do. They spend months planning on the future of Bloodshed but nothing ever happens. They just stay quiet and disable the site so that no one can complain or question their actions. You guys are just giving false hope to Bloodshed players and constantly talking shit. FTW i knew Bloodshed was'nt going to come back online because there is always a "setback".

Copyright ©️ 2008 Bosanac Inc. All rights reserved

...Btw Quintar that gives me the right to take credit for my original comment incase you decide to copy then paste it too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Imshiny
Guild Master
Imshiny

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:36 pm

flaming ftl
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Guild Master
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 pm

hey Bozz, nice to see you here king
Back to top Go down
bosanac
Initiate
bosanac

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:56 am

Zvon wrote:
hey Bozz, nice to see you here king

Hey wassup Zvon. I was having trouble creating an account here because i never recieved the account details message in my hotmail thats why it took my a while
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 pm

ok it ya want to believe what im about to say or not that is completely up to you...the bottom line is that the truth regarding bloodshed lies with me UC and IG...like i said, believe it if you want to...its the truth

we did in fact update the server to tbc, in fact to the newest version of tbc at the time which was 2.3.0...we had the server running for me and IG to test outlands to make sure everything was working and in fact almost everything was except that the instances were somewhat buggy, especially karazhan...just in case anything would have happened to the database we also installed a small server for backup and test reasons on IGs laptop...UC had the website shut down in order to remake the site and make it so that it would be more interactive and actually involve guild pages for guilds to use and have a forum for themselves...we were to also have an interactive calendar for scheduled raids and pvp if people wanted to post things there...soon after the websiute was shut down, UC decided to order new hardware for his server so as to keep lag to a minimum when we had 40+ players online (the plan was to get 100 people online at once with minimal lag)...immediately after he plugged the hardware in, it shorted out his motherboard and other hardware within the server...UC IG and me were all devasted by this because IG and I had been testing so much to make sure everything would work and I was looking forward to interacting with former players who I had come to know when I was a gm...UC had really been wanting to get things running again and to incorporate other games into the website itself so we could host and entire gaming community off 1 or 2 servers...we had it all planned out and then that happened...we thought that we had everything ready to go and that we had covered all of our bases when in fact everything was completely out of our hands and we just could not control what happened

thats the truth...take it how you will...we did not intentionally give players false hope since all of the admins were hoping for a smooth launch and because of some faulty hardware it just didnt happen...bosanac if you think you and other players were the only ones extremely disappointed you are gravely mistaken...UC IG and I all wanted this to happen as much as we want to get A's on tests here at school...im happy that you had that much confidence in us too...of course im sure i know why you feel that way since we left things bad when we originally shut down the server but we had every intention to redoing everything and creating a much more player friendly atmosphere this time around...the first time the server just grew so fast we didnt know how to cope with it and we became quickly worn out by dealing with everything...this time we had a plan in place and we know what we were doing...sorry to disappoint but we did everything we could...good luck to everyone with their characters whether they be on blizz or another priv server...peace out
Back to top Go down
bosanac
Initiate
bosanac

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 am

ermmm ok. But you should'nt really be telling me this because i was'nt planning on playing in Bloodshed. I have a higher lvl character in Bloodmyst and the future of that server is more promising. But i enjoyed playing in bloodshed since it was a great server with cool players. You should really be telling those who are waiting for the Bloodshed to come back online...(Players such as Phor, Peti, Guillotine, Nesizciel, Chirusa, Alcalator, Suri and Kelys/Ricky/Tyray/Slyde/Nezzy...(not sure if im forgetting more alts)...
Or they might have already realised that the server is'nt coming back online.
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:30 pm

i hear ya...i just have no way of contacting them thats the problem...ive already talked to adrian and ionutz and told them...ionutz wasnt too devastated since hes got a gm spot on another server and hes helping them with development...adrian seemed to take it hard though...i still cant decide whether im gonna stay on blizz or go to the priv server scene again...if i sell my account now i can make about $200 minimum and i'll probably reroll another account with a diff character...im figuring i can make about a $115 profit from that considering i can get to 70 in <3 months and it cost $40 for the wow battle chest
Back to top Go down
Imshiny
Guild Master
Imshiny

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Chirusa came on Bloodmyst a few days ago. If I had known that you were looking to contact more people I would have let her know. She was recently a GM of a 1.12.1 server that shut down, and she's currently playing on some Russian 1.12.1 server. No idea why she's playing on a pre-TBC server, but she says it's the best one bug-wise she's been to.
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm

i can somewhat understand pre-tbc if its the least buggy server around...but why a russian server? to my knowledge shes from south america and speaks spanish...why would she go to a server where the predominant language is russian? unless she speaks it that doesnt really make sense...oh well but yeah i was just wanting to let people know that the server is more than likely not coming back at this point in time...my apologies for that too...if ya see anyone who used to play on bloodshed just let em know that...if ya could that would be great
Back to top Go down
guilloti

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 am

Hey guys!

Guillotine here from gamerspeed:D
How the things goin?
Good to hear some news about bloodshed... i really miss that server with you guys, it had a special "familiar mood" to play on! It was cool to know everybody, how you fight/play...Crying or Very sad
I dont hope anything now, but sometimes i check site if anything happen... while we (my sister,me and peti) play on some different servers.
Come on guys (Mav, Uc,IG, all who works on it) resurrect your kickass server!Very Happy
good luck!

ps: members of AAS, sorry for "spamming" your forum with my off-topic trash
Smile
Back to top Go down
Imshiny
Guild Master
Imshiny

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm not sure you can go off-topic in the guest section...

You guys should all come and play w/ the AAS on the Bloodmyst server of burning-wow.com.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Guild Master
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:54 am

guilloti wrote:
Hey guys!

Guillotine here from gamerspeed:D
How the things goin?
Good to hear some news about bloodshed... i really miss that server with you guys, it had a special "familiar mood" to play on! It was cool to know everybody, how you fight/play...Crying or Very sad
I dont hope anything now, but sometimes i check site if anything happen... while we (my sister,me and peti) play on some different servers.
Come on guys (Mav, Uc,IG, all who works on it) resurrect your kickass server!Very Happy
good luck!

ps: members of AAS, sorry for "spamming" your forum with my off-topic trash
Smile

Nice to hear from you Guillotine.
No such thing as off topic here....
Its just a place to communicate the topic you wanna discuss Wink

I also miss the B.S. crew/players...Ill always remember where I cut my WoW teeth and I think we were very fortunate to have assembled such a kool group of people.
I don't think the guys running it knew just how kool the players were.

Even when I was seething at you and/or Peti for takin me down, it really made for great gaming.

You, Peti, and Sniper were always at the top of my "to kill" list,lol.
king
Back to top Go down
Quintar
Officer
Quintar

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:06 pm

heh...sniper...i loved killing him Smile
Kinda cool that this guest section became a bloodshed reunion site. You guys should take mathias' suggestion and play on bloodmyst! it'd be cool to play with everyone again...

like Z and bam too Razz
Back to top Go down
the guil

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:33 am

Yup, i was planning to play on burningwow, but when i made my main char on bloodmist, it was a bit disappointing... that crowd... too much player, racing for quest items made me nervous... Sad
so i left this server, cos of the crowd. same as wowscape... nowdays i play on a hungarian server with 200-300player, neither crowded nor empty...Smile

but, i heard some rumors about your server (burningwow), someone told me that character transfer is available, i mean the gm-s give back for example my main char from bloodshed if i have some evidence about my char. Is it true??? heh, i can't belie it, but it would be cool...lol

Oh man, those fights in hillsbrad, silithus and ewliynn(?) forest... i really miss those times Crying or Very sad
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the guil

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_timeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:35 am

hm...my name, it cant be shown corectly...why?
prev post was mine too

:the guillotine:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Unfortunate Setback   Very Unfortunate Setback Mini_time

Back to top Go down

Very Unfortunate Setback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Azeroth Alliance Society :: Guests Can Post Here-
Jump to: